Re: Patch for DBD::Pg pg_relcheck problem

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: Patch for DBD::Pg pg_relcheck problem
Дата
Re: Patch for DBD::Pg pg_relcheck problem  (Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
(crossposting to hackers)

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 00:47, Tom Lane wrote:
> In the next protocol version update (hopefully 7.4) I would like to see
> the basic version string (eg, "7.3.1" or "7.4devel") delivered to the
> client automatically during connection startup and then available from a
> libpq inquiry function.  This would eliminate the need to call version()
> explicitly and to know that you must skip "PostgreSQL " in its output.

Something along the lines of  char *PQversion(const PGconn *conn) ?

> However, it will only help for clients/libraries that are willing to
> deal exclusively with 7.4-or-newer backends, so it will take a few
> releases to become really useful.

Sounds good to me. Is it on the todo-list? (Couldn't see it there).

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net