Re: psql's \d commands --- end of the line for

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: psql's \d commands --- end of the line for
Дата
Re: psql's \d commands --- end of the line for  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 12:55:51PM +1100, Philip Warner wrote:
> At 01:22 PM 9/12/2002 -0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >Hmmm...I'm not certain that the \d commands really NEED to have a logical
> >link to the actual thing you're listing.
>
> This is the perspective a person with good memory, unlike me. In find it
> useful to be able to derive commands from common-sense rules, even if it
> means a little more typing.

Would it work to make \d tab-completable in a way that showed both the
commands that are available and the objects they describe? e.g.

\d<tab> would show something like
\dt [tables]    \ds [sequences]    \dv [views] ...

(the way it's shown now shows what completions are available, but not
what they mean.  Also, both \d and \D should be shown in any case)

"Los romanticos son seres que mueren de deseos de vida"