Re: What is "objsubid"?

От M. A. Sridhar
Тема Re: What is "objsubid"?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'm running version 7.1.3 on a Red Hat Linux box (RH version 7.1, I think).
If it matters, I'm using the IBM 1.3 JDK.

--- Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

> What version of the server are you running against?
>
> The objsubid is used to identify the table's comment in the
> pg_description table to supply the REMARKS column in the getTables()
> result set.
>
> Kris Jurka
>
> On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, M. A. Sridhar wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I get the following error when I try to use the getTables method. This is
> > with the latest stable drivers, pg73jdbc2.jar and pg73jdbc2ee.jar. This
> > method call was working fine with the earlier driver version, but that
> > version does not support the getColumnClassName() method, which I really
> > really need.
> >
> > Please help me understand why I get this error. TIA.
> >
> > ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'objsubid'
> > java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'objsubid'
> >
> >         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
> >         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
> >         at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:84)
> >         at
> org.postgresql.core.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:131)
> >         at

org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.ExecSQL(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:505)
> >         at

org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:320)
> >         at

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:48)
> >         at

org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:153)
> >         at

org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc1Statement.java:141)
> >         at

org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1DatabaseMetaData.getTables(AbstractJdbc1DatabaseMetaData.java:2066)
> >         at zerocode.dbSupport.Schema._getTableList(Schema.java:1121)
> >         at
> > zerocode.dbSupport.Schema.buildFromConnectionMetaData(Schema.java:1062)
> >         at DbSnapshot.main(DbSnapshot.java:219)
> >

> > =====
> > ------
> > M. A. Sridhar