Re: Compatibility of future releases

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Compatibility of future releases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Boes wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:39:09 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Jeff Boes wrote:
> >> While the release notes are extensive, they are certainly not complete.
> >> I have already learned to my dismay (reported elsewhere) that the
> >> system table 'pg_relcheck' is gone, and 'pg_constraint' has taken over
> >> its function.  That information is not covered at the URL listed above.
> >
> > To be fair, we didn't expect many folks to care about pg_relcheck, and
> > we assumed those that did were involved in the beta.  Sorry.
>

> "True dat."  It would appear that the DBI and DBD::Pg developer(s) (Perl
> interface layer, for those outside) were unaware.
>
> Not only that, but there are apparently no plans to fix this in the near
> future, so if you plan to install PostgreSQL 7.3, plan on using something
> other than Perl to get at it.

The bad news is that I am one of the DBD:pg maintainers.  We just
recently got the code under our control and David Wheeler and I are
banging it around, with some help from others on gborg.  We haven't
figured out how to do the per-version tests needed, but we are working
on it.  It is a fairly new project for us.