Bug #838: SSL problems in 7.3

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #838: SSL problems in 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Nathan Mueller (nate@cs.wisc.edu) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
SSL problems in 7.3

Long Description
In 7.3 if a client exists without disconnecting from the database the backend dumps core.  This wouldn't be so bad
exceptthat everyone else is kicked off.  Additionally, pre-7.3 clients can't connect to a 7.3 database with SSL.
Insteadof failing right away they just hang for a minute or two and then report "psql: could not establish SSL
connection:No SSL error reported".  When people hit Ctrl-C during the hang the database crashes.

Here's the server output from trying to connect with a pre-7.3 client.

FATAL:  failed to initialize SSL connection: wrong version number

Here's the output from a crash:

FATAL:  SSL error: ssl handshake failure
<10935 identical lines deleted>
FATAL:  SSL error: ssl handshake failure
LOG:  server process (pid 9308) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

Both 7.3 (server) and 7.2.2 (client) are linked against the same build of openssl 0.9.6e.  I'm pretty sure this isn't
anSSL bug since I have lots of other apps linked agaist the same build that have never done this.

I wasn't sure if/how to post the core file.  If you want it let me know how.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report