Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Global Development Group Announces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 cbbrowne@cbbrowne.com wrote:
>
> > It is unfortunate that it is almost impossible to have a marketing group
> > without there being some wilful blinders involved; it's vital for there to be
> > some technical involvement in the marketing group to pop whatever bubbles they
> > grow that are woefully wrong.  But even if it operates with some occasional
> > lack of /real/ vision, it's necessary to have a marketing group...
>
> And, for the most part, those that are -advocacy are techies that wish to
> contribute as they can, but don't have the knowledge/time to dedicate to
> actual code ...
>
> Bruce is kinda quiet, but both he and I are on that list, and I read (and
> imagine Bruce does to) pretty much everything that goes through ...
> but, again, these aren't 'marketing droids' we have over there, but
> techies that are using the software and have an idea of her limitations
> and benefits ...

Yes, I have been way too quiet.  I am trying to carve out time before
starting on 7.4 work, but it seems stuff keeps coming up.  I have
updated the developers page with company names, and Vince is going to
integrate that.  My next step is to split out my advocacy mailbox and
start shooting out content for the advocacy site.

Pennsylvania19073