Re: Functions just dont want to work! [hard]

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Functions just dont want to work! [hard]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:25:43PM -0700, Andrew J. Kopciuch wrote:
> > Problem is that 24 is not an int2 -- it's an int4 (generic int type).
> > For example:
> >

> Yes it is ...  int2 is a two byte integer, meaning it has a range from
> -32768 to +32767.  Unless I totally mistaken, 24 falls within that range.
>
> Am I missing something vital to this problem?  What you have said seems
> incorrect to me.

Well, of course, you're right in a strict sense.
But the constant 24 in PG is parsed as an int4 not an int2, and PG isn't
coercing it automatically to an int2 for the function.

> What version are you using?

His original setup worked in 7.2 (and still does for my test case); the
behavior has changed in 7.3 (as shown in my email).

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant