Re: Functions just dont want to work! [hard]

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: Functions just dont want to work! [hard]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:32:34PM +0200, Yonatan Ben-Nes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem at a code which worked already and now after installing the new postgresql version it doesn't
work(i didnt check it actually for about 2-3 months but i didnt change anything in the meanwhile).

> the problem occur only with functions which i created and the error which it gives me is (all of the functions get
thesame error) -
> Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: Function insert_new_field(integer, "unknown", "unknown") does not exist
Unableto identify a function that satisfies the given argument types You may need to add explicit typecasts.

> now i echoed the sql line itself and its -
> SELECT insert_new_field(24, '2', '2');
>
> while the function code itself is -
>
> CREATE FUNCTION public.insert_new_field(int2, text, text) RETURNS text AS '

Problem is that 24 is not an int2 -- it's an int4 (generic int type).
For example:

joel@joel=# create function hi(int2) returns bool as 'begin return true;
end;' language 'plpgsql';
CREATE FUNCTION
joel@joel=# select hi(42);
ERROR:  Function hi(integer) does not exist
Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
You may need to add explicit typecasts

select hi(42::int2);

works just fine.

Either add a function that takes int4,tedt,text input, or explicitly
cast your int4 to int2, as show above.
--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant

От: Felipe Schnack
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] UTF encoding error
От: "Magnus Naeslund(f)"
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql -- initial impressions and comments