Re: passwords in pg_shadow (duplicate).

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: passwords in pg_shadow (duplicate).
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is normal behavior.  With 7.3, when you load your passwords into
the database, they are automatically converted to MD5 inside the
database.  You can disable this in postgresql.conf using by changing
password_encryption _before_ you load your data into the database.

The big trick is what ia in your pg_hba.conf file for the ODBC host.  If
it is crypt, there is no way we can make those MD5 passwords match the
info coming from the client.  However, I didn't think ODBC even did
crypt.  Even though the server has MD5-encrypted password stored, the
'password' pg_hba.conf method should still work because the server will
internally MD5 encrypt before comparing to pg_shadow, or at least it
should and worked in my testing.

Are you using a recent ODBC driver?  That may help.  Please report back
your pg_hba.conf setting for the host.  Also, MD5 is now the preferred
method for client connections.  Crypt doesn't work anymore (unless you
modify postgresql.conf).  There is no reason to use 'password' plaintext
anymore.