Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?
Дата
Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Re: PQnotifies() in 7.3 broken?  (Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Lee Kindness <lkindness@csl.co.uk> writes:
> > Perhaps the .so name should have been updated for PostgreSQL 7.3?
>
> It should have been.  If it wasn't, that was a serious oversight.
> Not sure if we should change it in 7.3.1 or not, though; it may be
> too late for that.  Any thoughts out there?

Seems I did forget.  I always update the minor for a major release, but
when development starts, and I seem to have forgotten for 7.3.  Sorry.

I will update for 7.4 now.  Too late for 7.3 clearly.

Turns out I usually do it when I stamp the new development tree, but
someone else stamped 7.3 and 7.4.  :-(

Here is 7.2 stamp, which shows the updates:revision 1.52date: 2001/05/11 01:46:33;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;
lines:+2 -2Stamp CVS as 7.2.  Update all interface version numbers.  This is thetime to do it, not during beta because
peopleare using this stuff inproduction sometimes.

The diff shows:****************** 15,21 ****  # shared library parameters  NAME= pq  SO_MAJOR_VERSION= 2!
SO_MINOR_VERSION=1    override CPPFLAGS := -I$(srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS) -DFRONTEND-DSYSCONFDIR='"$(sysconfdir)"'  --- 15,21
---- # shared library parameters  NAME= pq  SO_MAJOR_VERSION= 2! SO_MINOR_VERSION= 2

so clearly 7.2 and 7.3 have the same minor version for all interfaces.  Bad!
Pennsylvania19073