Re: Drop NOT NULL constraint !!!

От Ludwig Lim
Тема Re: Drop NOT NULL constraint !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
--- mallah@trade-india.com wrote:

> do a \d tablename
>
> for the name of the contraint.
> say its $1
> the do
>
> psql> alter table <tablename> drop contstraint "$1"
> RESTRICT;

I alter a table with by adding a foriegn key
constraint.   ALTER TABLE sc_city  ADD CONSTRAINT cons_fkey
FOREIGN KEY state_cd REFERENCE sc_state(state_cd);

After altering the table I executed
"\d <table name>" show the following:

Triggers: RI_ConstraintTrigger_56743429
 I'm surprised that name of constraint doesn't appear
even though I explictly name it.  Is there a way to
show the name of the constraint?
 Should I do :  ALTER TABLE sc_city DROP CONSTRAINT
RI_ConstraintTrigger+5674329 RESTRICT ?

Thank you very much,
ludwig