Re: DBD::PgSQL: More Queestions

От Tim Bunce
Тема Re: DBD::PgSQL: More Queestions
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:02:12PM -0800, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 07:02  AM, Tim Bunce wrote:
>
> Hrm, yes, good point. If I end up using PostgtreSQL 7.3's server-side
> prepare, though, I'll likely to something similar to this, though, as
> the execute syntax is (roughly):
>
>   EXECUTE prepared_statement_name('param1', 'param2', 'paramn')
>
> So I would just have to append the escaped parameters in turn to
> "EXECUTE prepared_statement_name(" plus a closing ")".
>
> I need to think about how to create a prepared statement name, though.
> Some sort of hash (like MD5) would be good, but that might incur too
> much overhead. Ideas?

MD5 is pretty quick and the base64 result string is short.

But if prepared_statement_name's are local to the session then
you could just use a sequential integer. When a statement handle
is destroyed then you can tell the server to discard the statement.

You could also let the application specify a name:
$dbh->prepare("...", { pg_sth_name => "..." });

Tim.