Re: DBD::PostgreSQL

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: DBD::PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Monday 18 November 2002 18:17, David Wheeler wrote:

> PostgreSQL gets better and better. Yay. However, although I might be
> able to use compile-time macros to determine the PostgreSQL version, I
> have to support a minimum version of PostsgreSQL in the driver. I was
> thinking 7.0 -- maybe it's time to leave the 6.x series behind.
>
> Thoughts, DBD::Pg users?

Existing versions of DBD::Pg aren't suddenly going to get broken ;-)
The README for DBD::Pg 1.13 says 6.5 is the minimum required version,
which I believe was the last major release before 7.0. So anyone
using < 6.5 is out of the DBD::Pg upgrade cycle anyway. A README-
note along the lines of "PostgreSQL 6.5.x users: you need DBD::Pg 1.13"
should suffice.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net