Re: problems with postgresql passwords on webmin/kylix

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: problems with postgresql passwords on webmin/kylix
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 15 Nov 2002 1:48 pm, John Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to Linux and am trying to set up a postgresql server to
> use with kylix applications. So far, I've managed to create a database
> and table, write data to the table and read it back with SELECT
> statements.
>
> So far so good, however...
>
> I set up the databases while logged on as user "postgres" as advised
> in the documentation. However, when I try to access postgresql using
> the webmin administration tool, it tells me the password is incorrect.
> The password I'm using is the same one as I use to log in as user
> "postgres" I assume that's the administrator password. Am I doing
> something wrong? If so what!?

There are several ways to authenticate a user. You'll need to set details in
the pg_hba.conf file.  See the "Client Authentication" chapter in the
Administrator's Manual.

Your webmin package won't be running as user postgres, so you'll probably want
to set localhost as trusted and skip the password, or set up a separate
password.

--
  Richard Huxton