Re: create or replace view

От snpe
Тема Re: create or replace view
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 14 November 2002 05:45 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> snpe <snpe@snpe.co.yu> writes:
> > On Thursday 14 November 2002 05:22 pm, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >> Are you trying to save typing a few characters or what?
> >
> > Yes, it is 'create or replace view', not ?
>
> The statement was not invented to save a few characters of typing.
> It was invented to allow people to make internal changes to view
> definitions without breaking other objects that refer to the view.
>
> If we made it automatically drop and recreate the view then we'd
> be defeating the purpose.

Does it mean that if I will change any object (view or function) I must
drop all dependent objects ?
example : I want change (number of columns) view viewa
If viewb depend of viewa, I must drop and create viewa and viewb ?

Does it possible that viewb stay temporary (or always) invalid ?recreate viewa will make viewb valid or pgsql return
errorfor viewb ?

regards
Haris Peco