Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thursday 14 November 2002 09:01 pm, you wrote:
> this is what it look like right now... looks like 69 MB of shared memory...
> ------ Shared Memory Segments --------
> key        shmid      owner      perms      Bytes      nattch     Status
> 0x0052e2c1 131072     postgres  600        69074944   19

Well, if you sample this figure for min/max/avg usage say for a day, you will
have sufficient idea as in what are your exact requirements are in terms of
shared buffers. I would say 5% more that would prove to be much more optimal
setting. IMO it's worth of experiement..

Just start out with pretty high to leave some room..

 Shridhar