Re: Query performance discontinuity

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Query performance discontinuity
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mike,

> Just out of curiosity, anybody with any ideas on what happens to this
> query when the limit is 59626?  It's as though 59626 = infinity?

I'd suspect that this size has something to do with your system resources.
have you tried this test on other hardware?

BTW, my experience is that Celerons are dog-slow at anything involveing large
or complex queries.   Something to do with the crippled cache, I think.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions