Re: information

От Andreas Kretzer
Тема Re: information
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On 04.11.2002 at 03:46 Mattia Boccia wrote:

>How do I install Tcl/Tk in my System in order to use
>PgAccess from a client PC?
>
>and which is the best Tcl/Tk version to download?

Always use the newest available Version that supports
Postgres (-> this definitely is true for windoze clients).

I currently use 8.3.3.2 from ActiveState
http://tcl.activestate.com/software/tcltk/8.3.html

But - what clients and what server do you use? On Linux
every Tcl/Tk should work. On the server you will only
need it build the librarie libpgtcl.so (I think). With
this library you should be able to access Postgres from
any linux client with the same Tcl/Tk you used for
compilation.

On windoze clients I only use precompiled binaries (see
link above). The point is, that every Tcl/Tk version needs
it's own libpgtcl.dll and this one is not available for
every Tcl/Tk version :-(. On the other hand there should
be no problem using any Tcl/Tk with a matching libpgtcl.dll
to access a postgres server (the network protocol didn't
change as far as I know).

Does anyone knows a bit more about that ??

Hope this helps
Andreas