Help! Problem Installing pgsql_perl5-1.9.0

От Aaron Cutchin
Тема Help! Problem Installing pgsql_perl5-1.9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am having trouble installing pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 on my
fresh FreeBSD 4.6 system.  I have already installed
and tested postgresql-7.2.3 (using FreeBSD Ports), and
Perl 5.8.0 (using CPAN).

According to the pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 README file:

INSTALLATION:
1.   perl Makefile.PL
2.   make
3.   make test
4.   make install
>>> ( 1. to 3. as normal user, not as root ! ) <<<

However, when I try to install as a non-root user, I
get:

{ honeybear: pgsql_perl5-1.9.0 } perl Makefile.PL
Configuring Pg
Remember to actually read the README file !
OS: freebsd
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Pg
Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at
(eval 1) line 624.

How am I supposed to manipulate file/directory
permissions so I can install this module?

Thanks for the help!

--  Aaron Cutchin
--  aaron.DELETE.cutchin@THESE.yahoo.WORDS.com