Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner wrote:
> At 11:50 PM 23/10/2002 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> >1. Disable access to large files.
> >
> >2. Seek in some other way.
>
> This gets my vote, but I would like to see a clean implementation (not huge
> quantities if ifdefs every time we call fseek); either we write our own
> fseek as Bruce seems to be suggesting, or we have a single header file that
> defines the FSEEK/FTELL/OFF_T to point to the 'right' functions, where
> 'right' is defined as 'most likely to generate an integer and which makes
> use of the largest number of bytes'.

We have to write another function because fsetpos doesn't do SEEK_CUR so
you have to implement it with more complex code.  It isn't a drop in
place thing.

> The way the code is currently written it does not matter if this is a 16 or
> 3 byte value - so long as it is an integer.

Right. What we are assuming now is that off_t can be seeked using
whatever we defined for fseeko, which is incorrect in one, and now I
hear more than one OS.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?