Re: Memory leaks

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Memory leaks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:28:23PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I then moved on to psql, again, just for fun.  Here, I'm thinking that I
> > started to find some other leaks...but again, I've not spent any real
> > time on it.  So again, I'm not really sure it they are meaningful at
> > this point.
>
> psql might well have some internal leaks; the backend memory-context
> design doesn't apply to it.
But why? In the Mape project is used mmgr based on PostgreSQL's mmgr andit's used for BE and FE. There is not problem
withit (BTW backend ismultithread:-). IMHO use memory-context design for FE is good ideaif FE a lot works with memory.
Ialready long time think about sharedlib with PostgreSQL mmgr...

   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
От: "Nigel J. Andrews"
Сообщение: Re: Memory leaks