Re: v7.3 Branched ...

От Sean Chittenden
Тема Re: v7.3 Branched ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Perhaps one could just create a "PostgreSQL Powertools" section on
> > techdocs, naming the packages and where to get them. This would
> > eliminate the need to maintain a package that just duplicates other
> > packages...
>
> Let ye-old package managers make a shell package which simply points to
> the others as dependencies.
>
> I'd be willing to do this for FreeBSD (think Sean? would help as well)
> if someone comes up with the list.

There is a postgresql-devel port in FreeBSD now that I am maintaining
that is where DBAs and anxious developers can cut their teeth on the
new features/bugs/interactions in PostgreSQL.  As soon as we get out
of beta here, I'm going to likely get in the habbit of updating the
port once a month or so with snapshots from the tree.

FWIW, at some point I'm going to SPAM the CVS tree with a
POSTGRESQL_PORT tunable that will let users decide which PostgreSQL
instance they want (stable version vs -devel).  I've been really busy
recently and haven't gotten around to double checking things since I
made the changes a month ago during the freeze.  Maybe this weekend
I'll get around to touching down on all of the various files.... no
promises, I'm getting ready to move. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden