Re: Migrating from Informix to Postgre

От Tommi Maekitalo
Тема Re: Migrating from Informix to Postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> > 4. Does it support raw devices?
>
> No.  We feel the performance improvement on raw devices is minimal.

But what about data-integrity? I've learned, that a write on a raw device
guarantees, that the data is physically on the harddisk, when it returns.
When you write into the filesystem you don't even have control about the
order, in which writes are physically executed.

It would be difficult to guarantee dataintegrity, when the datapages are
written before WAL is on the hard-disk. That's why the Informix-people
strongly suggests to use raw-devices.

What does Postgresql do to guaratee it?

Tommi

--
Dr. Eckhardt + Partner GmbH
http://www.epgmbh.de

От: Andrei Ivanov
Сообщение: Re: creating a new type in C
От: "Peter Kovacs"
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] Prepared statement performance...