Re: [HACKERS] ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ALTER TABLE ... ADD COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Alvaro, I am seeing the attached regression failure, which I assume was
caused by your patch.  Is the new regression output correct, or is there
something wrong?

pgman wrote:

> Patch applied.  Thanks.

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > En Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:21:06 -0400
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> escribi?:
> >
> > > Huh, I don't know where I got the idea you were (or someone else was?)
> > > in the position that attislocal should be reset.  I'll clean everything
> > > up and submit the patch I had originally made.
> >
> > All right, this is it.  This patch merely checks if child tables have
> > the column.  If atttypid and atttypmod are the same, the attributes'
> > attinhcount is incremented; else the operation is aborted.  If child
> > tables don't have the column, recursively add it.
> >
> > attislocal is not touched in any case.
> >
> > --
> > Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]atentus.com>)
> > "El Maquinismo fue proscrito so pena de cosquilleo hasta la muerte"
> > (Ijon Tichy en Viajes, Stanislaw Lem)
>
> [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > http://archives.postgresql.org
>
> --

*** ./expected/misc.out    Fri Oct 18 22:34:51 2002
--- ./results/misc.out    Fri Oct 18 22:38:03 2002
***************
*** 377,436 ****
  --   SET a = text 'gazpacho'
  --   WHERE aa > 4;