Re: Postgresql and multithreading

От Anuradha Ratnaweera
Тема Re: Postgresql and multithreading
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 12:59:57AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> >
> > Is there any plans to make postgresql multithreading?
>
> We don't think it is needed, except perhaps for Win32 and Solaris, which
> have slow process creation times.

Thanks, Bruce.  But what I want to know is whether multithreading is
likely to get into in postgresql, say somewhere in 8.x, or even in 9.x?
(as they did with Apache).  Are there any plans to do so, or is postgres
going to remain rather a multi-process application?
Anuradha

--

Debian GNU/Linux (kernel 2.4.18-xfs-1.1)

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Сообщение: Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c
Сообщение: Re: droped out precise time calculations in src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c