Re: TR: Re: TR: interface PERL and return results

От rmunn@pobox.com
Тема Re: TR: Re: TR: interface PERL and return results
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:29:40AM +0200, victor3.lopes@voila.fr wrote:
> Hello, anyone have a response of  my problem ?

Maybe. See below...

> I have try two methods for charge my result.res in my table.
>
> the first  method :
>
> $res = $db->exec(" COPY temp FROM "full path\result.res ");
>
> Unfortunately I did not succeed in using this method, I had always an
> error ( While placing postgres in debug mode ).
>
> DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand
> DEBUG:  query: COPY temp FROM '-- my path -- /result.res'
> DEBUG:  parse tree: { QUERY :command 5  :utility ?  :resultRelation 0 :into <>
> :isPortal false :isBinary false :isTemp false :hasAggs false :hasSubLinks false :rtable
> <> :jointree <> :rowMarks () :targetList <> :groupClause <> :havingQual <>
> :distinctClause <> :sortClause <> :limitOffset <> :limitCount <> :setOperations <>
> :resultRelations ()}
> DEBUG:  ProcessUtility: COPY temp FROM '-- my path -- /result.res'
> ERROR:  You must have Postgres superuser privilege to do a COPY directly to or from a
> file.  Anyone can COPY to stdout or from stdin.  Psql's \copy command also works for
> anyone.
>
> I don't understand why this error because the superuser postgres (who had create for
> launch the server) have the privilege
> for access and read this file.

In your Perl script, what user and password did you use to connect to
the database? You need to *connect* as the Postgres superuser (which is
almost always the user named 'postgres').

If you are connected as user postgres then your COPY command should
work.

--
Robin Munn
rmunn@pobox.com