Taking advantage of prepared statement performance

От Brett
Тема Taking advantage of prepared statement performance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

I have a web application that invokes java jdbc code for each request. Would
it be faster if I stored all my prepared statements for each connection, so
when I want to do a query I a) pull a connection object from the pool then
b) call ps.setX; ps.setY;...; ps.executeQuery(); and not close the prepared
statement? That way, another thread could grab the connection and not
have to recreate the prepared statement. I would associate sets of
prepared statements with connections. Would this be faster than
creating a prepared statement for each web request?

I am using 7.1.3b2 (for production *crosses fingers*) in case that matters.

Once again thanks for any help and sorry for any formatting issues with
this message.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com