Re: [GENERAL] Performance while loading data and indexing

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Performance while loading data and indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Copeland wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Hey, excellent.  Thanks!
>
> Based on that, it appears that XFS is a pretty good FS to use.  For me,
> the real surprise was how well reiserfs performed.

OK, hardware performance paper updated:

File system choice is particularly difficult on Linux because there are
so many file system choices, and none of them are optimal: ext2 is not
entirely crash-safe, ext3, xfs, and jfs are journal-based, and Reiser is
optimized for small files and does journalling. The journalling file
systems can be significantly slower than ext2 but when crash recovery is
required, ext2 isn't an option. If ext2 must be used, mount it with sync
enabled. Some people recommend xfs or an ext3 filesystem mounted with
data=writeback.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: [SQL] [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] [GENERAL] CURRENT_TIMESTAMP