Re: [HACKERS] Large databases, performance

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Large databases, performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 06:51:05PM +0200, Hans-J?rgen Sch?nig wrote:

> In the case of concurrent transactions MySQL does not do as well due to
> very bad locking behavious. PostgreSQL is far better because it does row
> level locking instead of table locking.

It is my understanding that MySQL no longer does this on InnoDB
tables.  Whether various bag-on-the-side table types are a good thing
I will leave to others; but there's no reason to go 'round making
claims about old versions of MySQL any more than there is a reason to
continue to talk about PostgreSQL not being crash safe.  MySQL has
moved along nearly as quickly as PostgreSQL.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110