Re: Inserting Null Value or String Value

От Sean
Тема Re: Inserting Null Value or String Value
Дата
Список pgsql-php

Sorry, I pasted the wrong code. This is the PHP Code for the UPDATE not INSERT:

$sql = "UPDATE prod_opt
  SET xref_prod_id = '$prod_id',
   code = '$item_code',
   title = '$option_format',
   isbn = '$isbn',
   list_price = $list_price,
   our_price = $our_price,
   spec_price = $special_price,
   spec_start_date = $special_start_date,
   spec_end_date = $special_end_date,
   quantity = $qty,
   clearance = '$clearance',
   priority = $priority
  WHERE id = '$id'";
$result = pg_exec($dbh, $sql);

 Sean wrote:

Actually, this does not work, it generates the SQL fine, but I get a Parse error when trying to insert it. I am doing something very similar, did I mess up somewhere.

Here is the PHP:

if ($special_start_date == '')
{$special_start_date = 'null';}
else {$special_start_date = "'$special_start_date'";}

if ($special_end_date == '')
{$special_end_date = 'null';}
else {$special_end_date = "'$special_end_date'";}

$sql = "INSERT INTO prod_opt (
   xref_prod_id,
   code,
   title,
   isbn,
   list_price,
   our_price,
   spec_price,
   spec_start_date,
   spec_end_date,
   quantity,
   clearance,
   priority)
  VALUES (
   '".$prod_id."',
   '".$item_code."',
   '".$option_format."',
   '".$isbn."',
   ".$list_price.",
   ".$our_price.",
   ".$special_price.",
   ".$special_start_date.",
   ".$special_end_date.",
   ".$qty.",
   '".$clearance."',
   ".$priority.")";
$result = pg_exec($dbh, $sql);

This is the error I get: Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "10"

This is the SQL generated: UPDATE prod_opt SET xref_prod_id = '4', code = '2', title = 'test', isbn = '2', list_price = 2, our_price = 2, spec_price = 2, spec_start_date = '10/01/02', spec_end_date = '10/01/02', quantity = 2, clearance = 't', priority = 2 WHERE id = '2'

-Sean

 Eckhard Hoeffner wrote:

* Keary Suska [01 10 02 19:37]:

>on 10/1/02 10:54 AM, dcmkx10@yahoo.com purportedly said:
>
>I am trying to insert a date into a date field, but also sometimes I need to
>insert a null value. Inserting the null value seems to require not using
>quotes around null, but if I try to enter a date without quotes around it,
>it thinks it is a number.
>
>Here is the error I get: Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: column
>"spec_start_date" is of type 'date' but expression is of type 'integer' You
>will need to rewrite or cast the expression
>
>If I surround the date with single quotes it should be fine, but I can't do
>that when I want to insert a null value. I know that I can do an "IF >quotes> ELSE " in the SQL string, by I am entering many
>values and this would really get messy. I was hoping that there was a better
>solution. Thanks for any help.
>
>If there is a way, I haven't found it yet. But it doesn't have to be
>messy--simply create a function that does the if-else for you, and your code
>will stay clean.

Maybe you should do the following. At the point where the switch
"date" or "NULL" in the php-file is:

if(empty($form_date)){
$date_var = NULL;
}else $date_var = "'$date'";

$query = "INSERT INTO table (table_row1, date)
VALUES ('$value1', $date_var);";

You still have the if/else, but I think there must be somewhere the
switch NULL <=> date

--
Eckhard H�ffner
e-hoeffner@fifoost.org