Bug #789: Transaction Archival Logging -- Hot Backups

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #789: Transaction Archival Logging -- Hot Backups
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jon Watte (postgres.org.nospam@mindcontrol.org) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Transaction Archival Logging -- Hot Backups

Long Description
I see no mention of transaction archival logging in the documentation.

This means that, even though you support correct transaction rollback semantics, to back up the database in a
consistentmanner, I have to take it offline and backup all the files.

Either I'm missing something (and I did a documentation, FAQ and Todo search) or it's not currently possibly to
actuallyput Postgres into a 24/7 production environment?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report