Re: New SSL code to be removed

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: New SSL code to be removed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Because the new 7.3 SSL code doesn't work (per Peter), and the author is
> > not responding, I am about to yank out that code.  Peter suggests
> > ripping out all the new code rather than try to pick around and remove
> > just the broken parts.
>
> Agreed. I allways wondered what SSL DB-connections are good for.

I am not going to rip out SSL, just the changes.  We do have people who
use SSL quite a bit.  Looking at the code, however, I may see an easy
way to allow SSL connections without requiring server certificates.  If
that is doable, I may just make that change and let the rest of the code
stay.

Pennsylvania19073