problem with maintenance script and missing pg_clog files with pg 7.2.1

От Ben Roberts
Тема problem with maintenance script and missing pg_clog files with pg 7.2.1
Дата
Re: problem with maintenance script and missing pg_clog files with pg 7.2.1  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

We are having problems with an installation of Postgres 7.2.1 on Debian
Linux 3.0 (woody).

The scheduled maintenance script throws the following error:

FATAL 2:  open of /2/var/lib/postgres/data/pg_clog/0002 failed: No such file
or directory
    before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost

We have run a disk check on the relevant partition and it appears to be
fine.

We have several postgres instances on other machines and we have never seen
this problem before. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is/ what
the right way of dealing with this is?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

--