Re: POSIX-style regular expressions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: POSIX-style regular expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have commented out the Makefile entry for retest because I can't get
it to compile anymore.  Someone can come along and clean it up someday.

# retest will not compile because multibyte is now enabled by default
# and the multibyte calls require /mmgr, /adt, and other calls that
# are complex for linkage,  bjm 2002-09-16
#retest: retest.o SUBSYS.o $(DEBUGOBJ)
#       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $^ $(LIBS) -o $@

Goran Buzic wrote:
> I tried to build retest but there was a lot of massages like
>
> ...... undefined referenc to ..
>
> and building regex tester failed with messages
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [retest] Error 1
>

> "Josh Jore" <josh@greentechnologist.org> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Goran Buzic wrote:
> >
> > >     id1    char(6) NOT NULL CHECK(id1 ~* '^([0-9]{1,2}\.){2}$'),
> >
> > > ERROR:    ExecAppend: rejected due to CHECK constraint table_name1_id1
> > >
> > > I tested preceding regular expression with Perl and JavaScript and it
> worked
> > > fine. Can I use regular expressions with CHECK parametar, and if so, how
> can
> > > I make it work.
> >
> > You should probably test it against PostgreSQL's regex engine. What you
> > may not know is that they all have different syntaxes, rules and quirks.
> > What works in one may or may not work in another.
> >
> > So check out src/backend/regex and build retest (I think that's what it
> > was called). It's a command line regex tester (obviously against
> > PostgreSQL's implementation).
> >
> > Joshua b. Jore -{ weird geeky madness }-> http://www.greentechnologist.org

Pennsylvania19073

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: