Re: service start script

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: service start script
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Michael,

Sorry for the sluggish response time, but I just returned from
vacation...]

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 10:57:36AM -0400, Michael Adler wrote:
> Does anyone else use/need something like this?

I don't, but I don't (unfortunately) use PostgreSQL seriously anymore...

> Or do the newer versions simply work better without this
> functionality?

No, nothing has changed.

As per my README, I run postmaster as an NT service via cygrunsrv:

    cygrunsrv ...  --termsig INT --shutdown

The above helps to ensure a clean shutdown when the NT box is shutdown.

I personally would *not* want PostgreSQL to automatically start back up
after an "unclean" shutdown.

Jason