Bug #766: version difference creates problem

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #766: version difference creates problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Pranav Vora (pranav@babultech.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
version difference creates problem

Long Description
Hello,

I am using Postgres 6.5 on Redhat 6.2 and postgres 7.0 on Redhat 7.0/Mandrake 8.0 perfectly. And, I was running my web
applicationsince 1.5 years.

Now, when I tried  to run my web application on Mandrake 8.1 with Postgres 7.1.2. It is the staring point of creating
problems.When I trace back the problem, I found that 'inout' is creating problem.

I have a database table named 'inout'.So, from previous version I dumped database through pg_dump and created one .db
file.

Then I re-created on 7.1.2 through psql and then \i command. It was successfull. Then other tables were accessed
withoutpain.

select * from inout; was giving parse error near or at 'inout'

Then I juggled with query and found that

select * from "inout" is working. but, such thing can not be done in my web application as it is a java code and I
can'tafford to change all the queries with table name change thoroughout the system.

So, please, help me out as early as possible, because,it's a time management system so each day is important

waiting for your favourable reply...

Pranav

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report