Re: An opportunity to prove PostgreSQL and our requirement of Case Study info [EUreg #11]

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: An opportunity to prove PostgreSQL and our requirement of Case Study info [EUreg #11]
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:28:12PM +1000,
 Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote
 a message of 65 lines which said:

> Afilias and LibertyRMS, the people who've been happily running the .info
> namespace on PostgreSQL servers, are the technical backend of the ISOC
> application for management of the .org
> namespace.  However, ICANN is asking for more detail about the backend
> database, to
> prove it is an "appropriate choice for a mission critical
> applications".

I'm sorry, Andrew, that I cannot help you as yo help many people on
the PostgreSQL mailing list, but we have the same problem. EUREG
<URL:http://www.eureg.org/> applies for the management of the future
.eu, we will use PostgreSQL also, and the European Commission asks us
the same questions. So, you can only say that other registries
consider using PostgreSQL.

I would be happy to see the answer you gave to ICANN, it would be very
useful for us, too.