Re: problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc

От snpe
Тема Re: problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 11 September 2002 02:55 pm, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, snpe wrote:

> > > Postgresql currently has no real notion of a recoverable error.
> > > In the case of the error you had, probably nothing bad would happen
> > > if it continued, but what if that was a unique constraint violation?
> > > Continuing would currently probably let you see the table in an
> > > invalid state.
> >
> > If decision (transaction or not) is after parser (before execute) this
> > isn't problem.
> > I don't know when postgresql make decision, but that is best after
> > parser. I parser find error simple return error and nothing happen
>
> Are you saying that it's okay for:
> insert into nonexistant values (3);
> and
> insert into existant values (3);
> where 3 is invalid for existant to work
> differently?
> I think that'd be tough to get past some people, but you might
> want to write a proposal for why it should act that way. (Don't
> expect anything for 7.3, but 7.4's devel will start sometime.)

I don't understand all, but when I tell 'error' I think "syntax error"
If error is contraint error again nothin change, only error return

> > > I disagree because I think that two serializable select statements
> > > in autocommit=off (without a commit or rollback of course) should
> > > see the same snapshot.
> >
> > Question ?
> > All select in one transaction return same data - no matter if any change
> > and commit data ?
>
> It depends on the isolation level of the transaction I believe.
> This sequence in read committed (in postgresql) and serializable give
> different results.
>
> T1: begin;
> T1: select * from a;
> T2: begin;
> T2: insert into a values (3);
> T2: commit;
> T1: select * from a;
>
> In serializable mode, you can't get "non-repeatable read" effects:
> SQL-transaction T1 reads a row.  SQL-transaction T2 then modifies
> or deletes that row and performs a COMMIT. If T1 then attempts to
> reread the row, it may receive the modified value of discover that the
> row has been deleted.
If serialization strict connect with transaction then ok.

haris peco

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: problem with new autocommit config parameter and jdbc
От: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Сообщение: Re: 7.3beta and ecpg