Bug #762: copy table from '/home/postgres/import' using delimiters ',' errors on first line.

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #762: copy table from '/home/postgres/import' using delimiters ',' errors on first line.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Post (postjeff@uwm.edu) reports a bug with a severity of 4

Short Description
copy table from '/home/postgres/import' using delimiters ',' errors on first line.

Long Description
When I attempt to populate an empty table using copy from (specificaly while using a comma as the delimiter) I recieve
anatoi error on the first row and the copy fails. If I add a comma to the end of the first row, I get a warning message
aboutextra fields being ignored and the copy completes successfuly.

The file I am using to copy from is generated by an oracle application that is saved onto a windows desktop and ftp'd
tothe linux machine running PostgreSQL.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Post

Sample Code