Re: Proposal: Solving the "Return proper effected tuple count

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Proposal: Solving the "Return proper effected tuple count
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Steve Howe wrote:
> BM> We would return 0 for oid and an insert count, just like INSERT INTO ...
> BM> SELECT.  How is that weird?
> It's not weird, or as weird as the other proposal which is retrieving
> the last inserted OID number. If we can return some information for
> the client, why not doing it ? :-)

Well, we don't return an OID from a random row when we do INSERT INTO
... SELECT (and no one has complained about it) so I can't see why we
would return an OID there.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Solving the "Return proper effected tuple count
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Solving the "Return proper effected tuple