Re: postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Amit,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:29:22PM +0530, Amit Gupta wrote:
> I have successfully installed postgresql 7.2.2. on windows XP.I am
> using cygipc-1.11-1 package.

Did you build a Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.2.2 yourself?  Or, do you really
mean 7.2.1-2?

BTW, I just uploaded Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.2.2-1 to the Cygwin site.  If
you built your own version, then please try this one.  Does it fail in
the same way?

> On  running the database it gives the following error:
> $ ipc-daemon &
> [2] 3656
>
> $ postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> C:\cygwin\usr\local\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce the above problem under Windows 2000.
Since I do not have access to XP, you will have to debug this yourself.

> [2]+  Done                    ipc-daemon

Does ipc-daemon really terminate all by itself?

Jason