Re: possible vacuum improvement?

От Matthew T. OConnor
Тема Re: possible vacuum improvement?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 03 September 2002 23:47, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > I have been doing some poking around with this item, and I was
> > planning on
> > using the stats collector to do "intelligent" auto-vacuuming.  I
> > was planning
> > on adding some new columns that account for activity that has taken place
> > since the last vacuum.  The current stats collector shows n_tup_ins,
> > n_tup_upd and n_tup_del for any given rel, but those numbers have
> > nothing to
> > do with what has happened since the last vacuum, hence nothing to do with
> > current status or need for vacuum.
>
> Postgres 7.3-beta has a new function 'pg_stat_reset()' that you can call to
> reset the stats collector after a vacuum...

Just my opinion here, but I don't think having autovac constantly resetting
the stats is a good idea, it means that you lose the current stat
functionality when using autovacuum, and also implies that the stats mean
differnet things if autovac is turned on or off.

Сообщение: Re: possible vacuum improvement?
Сообщение: Re: possible vacuum improvement?