Re: [HACKERS] pg_attribute.attisinherited ?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_attribute.attisinherited ?
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
En Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:29:45 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escribió:

> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> writes:
> > - Adds a new attribute in pg_attribute named attisinherited.
>
> I've applied this patch after a little editorializing.  FYI ---
>
> * copyfuncs.c,equalfuncs.c,outfuncs.c,readfuncs.c needed to be updated
>   for the field added to ColumnDef.  In general, any time you alter the
>   definition of a Node structure, you gotta update these files.

Ok, will make a note on that.

> * I didn't like having to touch all the callers of TupleDescInitEntry,
>   so I just made it initialize attisinherited to false.  In the one
>   place where attisinherited might be set true, just update after return
>   from TupleDescInitEntry.

Yes, I had thought of doing that.  It's much simpler and cleaner.

> * Moved the checks for rename/drop ONLY with child tables into
>   tablecmds.c instead of utility.c, so that they'd be applied after
>   grabbing an exclusive lock on the table, not before.  Otherwise a
>   child could be added after you look.

Huh, that's where I had put them in the first place.  I moved them to
tcop without thinking about the locking issues.  I'll be more careful on
this also.

Thank you,

Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré
voy a acabar con todos / con todos los humanos acabaré (Bender)