Re: ALTER USER versus GRANT/REVOKE

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: ALTER USER versus GRANT/REVOKE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:29:11 -0700
Ron Snyder <snyder@roguewave.com> wrote:

> journal=> \h grant
> Command:     GRANT
> Syntax:
> GRANT privilege [, ...] ON object [, ...]
>     TO { PUBLIC | GROUP group | username }
>
> Am I misunderstanding your question, or is this what you're looking for?

I was not refering to access privileges for specific objects, but to
general user privileges like

    - CREATEDB
    - CREATEUSER
    - CREATETABLE    (not yet supported by PG)
    - CREATEFUNCTION (not yet supported by PG)
    - ...            (not yet supported by PG)

These are granted with ALTER USER in PG 7.2.

Although PG has very limited support for these at the moment, I see
a problem with the current implementation if it is extended to more
user privileges.

Christoph

От: Ron Snyder
Сообщение: Re: ALTER USER versus GRANT/REVOKE
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Compiling pgsql C/C++ interfaces on Win not using Cygwin