Re: RFC822 Checker

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: RFC822 Checker
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 14:07:28 +0000, Matthew Price <pricem@juno.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Does anyone know of an SQL function that will check a string for compliance with the RFC822 mail address spec?  I
havea script that sends mail from a db (no, I am not a spammer) but I often have mails sitting in my queue because the
MTA(correctly) refuses to process some of the bogus things that users enter by mistake.

You might consider storing the unecoded address. If you are using an MTA that
doesn't provide a way to input unencoded addresses (e.g. sendmail), you can
encode the address before passing it to the MTA or adding it into a header
if you need to do that. It isn't even that hard to tack on the person's
name (from somewhere else in your database) or other comment on when putting
the encoded address into a message header.

When collecting input you might ask for confirmation when seeing unusual
addresses. This should cut down on the number of bogus ones that get into
the sysem.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Matthew Price
Сообщение: RFC822 Checker
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Why must the function that a trigger calls return "opaque" ???