Re: about ecpg

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: about ecpg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:38:53PM +0800, wlj wrote:
> how to accomplish this function by ecpg
>
> exec sql declare test_curcor cursor for select * form test;//test(id,name)
> exec sql open test_curcor;
> exec sql update test set id=1 where current of test_curcor;
>
> the postgresql didn't support this function "... current of "

Is this a question concerning ecpg? Or do you want to know how to do
this in PostgreSQL? AFAIK we do not have a "current of" clause. Please
correct my if I'm wrong.

If we had we would need to declare a cursor "for update", but to the
best of my knowledge declare for update is not supported. Or in other
words, cursors are read-only.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes