Re: join problem or maybe group :(

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: join problem or maybe group :(
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

> hmmm, me again.
>
> Ill attack the subject from another way.
>
> Can i limit the left joined table to one result ?
>
> like:
>
> select * from table1 left join table2 using (column) limit table2 1,0; ?

I don't think so, however, it's possible that maybe a distinct on in
a subselect may help if you don't mind using postgresql extensions.

Maybe something like (complete untested):

select * from sections left join
 (select distinct on (sec_id) * from articles order by art_date desc)
 as articles
 using (sec_id);