Re: Screwy behavior with SUM and multiple joins to same table

От pgsql-gen@basebeans.com (pgsql-gen Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com))
Тема Re: Screwy behavior with SUM and multiple joins to same table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Screwy behavior with SUM and multiple joins to same table
From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
 ===
I think you have a conceptual problem here. Was happens is that the database
prforms your joins first to produce a virtual table of 8 rows, it then
applies your where lauses to chop that down and finally does the sum().

Of course, that is only the conceptual model. It's actually more intelligent
than that but it gives you an idea of why you're are getting the results you
are.

Subqueries may be what you're looking for. This is how SQL works and any
database will do the same.

Hope this helps,