Re: Mysql -> PgSQL

От Tommi Maekitalo
Тема Re: Mysql -> PgSQL
Дата
Re: Mysql -> PgSQL  (Jeff Davis <list-pgsql-general@empires.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Am Freitag, 23. August 2002 09:41 schrieb Jeff Davis:
> Another question that comes to mind is: are there any plans to allow
> user-defined types to accept argument lists? If that were the case, this
> wouldn't be much of an issue, because anyone could just make a set type. As
> it is, I think it needs to be added as a special case.
>
> Regards,
>     Jeff

That brings me to an idea. You can write a function, which converts a list of
strings to a bitmask and stores this value. Then it should be possible to
write something like

  insert into table(..., my_set) values (..., set('val1', 'val2', 'val3'))

as the original poster inteded to do. You need then a set of functions, for
queriing the values.

I'm not so familiar with udfs in postgresql. Is it possible to write udfs with
a variable number of arguments? Or is it possible to give a array-parameter
to a udf.

Mysqls set-type is still much more comfortable. Udfs is not a feature the
average Mysql-user wants to use.

Tommi