Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpgtcl pgtclCmds ...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpgtcl pgtclCmds ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
No one reviewed it.  Here is the email exchange I had with the author. I
specifically asked about the downside of the patch.

Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS) writes:
> >     Everytime if I do PQconsumeInput (when the backend channel gets
> >     readable) I check for the return value. (0 == error) and generate a
> >     notification manually, e.g. fixed string connection_closed) and pass it to the
> >     TCL event queue.
>
> Was that patch reviewed by anyone?  I don't think I've even seen it
> successfully posted --- the submitter seemed to be having trouble
> attaching it.
>
> >From the description, I don't think I trust it much.  Event queue stuff
> is subtle ...
>
> >   The only other thing I had to do is to comment out removing
> >     all pending events in PgStopNotifyEventSource whenever the connection was
> >     unexpectedly closed (so the manually generated event will not be deleted).
>
> ... and this is *very* likely to break things.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpgtcl pgtclCmds ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/libpgtcl pgtclCmds ...